Unexplained Words Inspired By the Depths of the Scarlet Circus
Elisabeth to be published in Whispering Spirits
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Just found out that my poem Elisabeth, loosely based on the haunting at the Green Lady Cemetery has been picked up for publication in the April Issue of Whispering Spirits.
Alone in my room My dreams, my wilderness An ongoing battle with the unknown Stalking my every move Do you want to see? Arise, from this hallowed ground Take on the world Devils and Demons Men and Women Boys and Girls Searching for the truth Feel my hunger That illicit craving for flesh For blood For life The hunger grows You try to pull out You are stuck Caught up in a fight for your life With yourself, with your demons I can only watch As the night grows darker You see a dim light Your paradise at hand Lives flash Bodies connect Together at last The pain, the ecstasy A forbidden communion My darkest desire My minds close
I guess all of this work with the Lost Zombies projects has paid off... In all, I have finished one more chapter of my zombie epic. Here is another taste! Lost Alone My every step a mystery Only your scent draws me near Yet, you are nowhere These hours blur Cascading like the sands in a bottle of tears Only with every passing second my cravings mature It has been far too long since I tasted your womb Since your lips graced mine Now, our future is clouded by this plague So many things have changed So many lives have been impaled by the darkness By this growing hunger that drains our being That fuels every desire My skin My thoughts My veins All of who I was has gone All that remains is but walking flesh Lonely I stand Lost Alone Searching the horizon for one last embrace For one last chance to dine on your divinity
Now that I am totally rewriting my zombie epic, it seems as though I have a lot of extra poetic verse that will not be making it into the project. While in some ways this is a bit disappointing, it definitely gives me a lot of stuff that I can post on here. Please give this a look, any and all feedback will be appreciated. Who are you, my vision of beauty? You still seem so familiar to me I feel as if I can sense your every move Experience your every fear I can see you standing there Trembling at the horrid sight before you Did one of my brothers do that? Do I need to ask? Alas, the bridge to the promised land Our union… Our destiny… Our reality ahead I saw this in one of your dreams dear The yellow towers rising from the depths of the rapids The dark mouth opening ahead of me It is just as you described… It is perfect Where are you taking me? Why am I following you? There it is again… My hunger Others must be closing in I must… I must...
Comments
Post a Comment