Unexplained Words Inspired By the Depths of the Scarlet Circus
Elisabeth to be published in Whispering Spirits
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Just found out that my poem Elisabeth, loosely based on the haunting at the Green Lady Cemetery has been picked up for publication in the April Issue of Whispering Spirits.
Alone in my room My dreams, my wilderness An ongoing battle with the unknown Stalking my every move Do you want to see? Arise, from this hallowed ground Take on the world Devils and Demons Men and Women Boys and Girls Searching for the truth Feel my hunger That illicit craving for flesh For blood For life The hunger grows You try to pull out You are stuck Caught up in a fight for your life With yourself, with your demons I can only watch As the night grows darker You see a dim light Your paradise at hand Lives flash Bodies connect Together at last The pain, the ecstasy A forbidden communion My darkest desire My minds close
I guess all of this work with the Lost Zombies projects has paid off... In all, I have finished one more chapter of my zombie epic. Here is another taste! Lost Alone My every step a mystery Only your scent draws me near Yet, you are nowhere These hours blur Cascading like the sands in a bottle of tears Only with every passing second my cravings mature It has been far too long since I tasted your womb Since your lips graced mine Now, our future is clouded by this plague So many things have changed So many lives have been impaled by the darkness By this growing hunger that drains our being That fuels every desire My skin My thoughts My veins All of who I was has gone All that remains is but walking flesh Lonely I stand Lost Alone Searching the horizon for one last embrace For one last chance to dine on your divinity
I actually broke down and started working on my poetic Zombie Epic again, hopefully, in time I will get motivated and finish it. The almighty spoke and the earth trembled Thou shall drive the infidels into the Chasm of Flame Their sins cleansed at the hand of the father The Great Beast opened his mouth at the base of the mount And laughed at their despair (Jehovah 7.28) My children… My flock… Behold the mighty beast His teeth glistening in sunlight, waiting for our offering The purification of the heretics is at hand We must show them the light The way of our father Look There are three nonbelievers at the mouth Look at their disregard for the Great Beast Praise god for allowing us the ability to watch their refinement To watch them repent at the hand of the father Their salvation lies before them Praise be, our congregation will grow Soon, we shall discover more sinners awaiting baptism along our path Their will broken by the deception of faith We must rise up and show them the ...
Comments
Post a Comment