JellyPages.com

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Torment

• Published in the Ashen Eye:


Torment
What is happening out there?
These people…These depraved creatures
Plaguing us like the locusts in Babylon
My mind cannot, will not comprehend what I have witnessed tonight
This ordeal glistening like a surreal testament from Argento
This nightmare cannot be real
I shake, trembling from the fear
I must stay strong
The others are counting on my vigilance
For generations it has been passed to me to have faith
Faith in what I ask
Truths and lies, heaven and hell
Depends on your perspective, doesn't it?
I remember my grandmother enumerate scripture and verse
Words I saw promulgated by the corrupt and pretentious
In my mind, I can hear her now

It was allowed to fight against God's people and defeat them
And it was given authority over every tribe, nation, language and race (Rev 13:7)

Are we in the midst of the 42 months of deceit?
Or has god finally forsaken us at last?
In my mind, the answer is clear
He did fuck all with these sins of torment
I must survive to find the truths trapped in this desperate visage
What has caused the dead to rise against us?
To crave our flesh?
I will never give in to their torture
I will face my destiny with my shotgun in my hand
They will not have me
At last, the brightness of the new day severs the crack
Time to wake the others
Time to regroup
Our night in hell is over
For now, we are safe
We survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment