JellyPages.com

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Lone Tombstone



I entered the desolate cemetery searching for answers to the legends that have captivated generations. Your lone tombstone stands before me, Elisabeth, what is the secret you harbor alone in the heart of this sanctuary. Are you the one? The maiden we search for, the illustrious Green Lady. The legends vary, drowned in a swamp, taken by a scorned lover, Satan's seductress? I am here, alone, come to me.

For years, I have read of your presence, dreaming of the day when we could be near. So many unknowing bystanders have seen you walking, hitchhiking on the lone dirt road that borders this empty graveyard. You were there, traveling the downward spiral into the depths of stone, they were afraid of your importance, your beauty. Suddenly, a beautiful light shines clear. Is that you, have you come to me? Unveil your vortex and open my blindness. Let me share your story with the masses.

Strange, on the ground symbols are burnt into the earth surrounding you. Did they succeed in summoning you from your slumber? Conjuring your restless spirit? Those are the ones who do not deserve you, flirting with an unknown and invisible evil. Although, I must ask, if so, can I enter? I belong with you.

In the distance I barely make out the dark shadow, is that you dear? No, worse, it is legion. Out of nowhere cloaked figures rise from the ashes, surrounding me. They want my heart, my soul, my life! They will not succeed in their quest, I am strong. I turn to the lone marker and I see a most stunning sight. Your vortex is now visible, a vision of pure splendor. Your pale green aura so calling me. I run, diving into your sanctuary. For once, everything is clear. My life is full. Yet, my heart remains empty.

My reality is certain, I must succeed. I no longer fear death from the minions that possess this dismal resting place. Maybe it was fate; destiny or the brief time we spent together that cleared my mind. Can you feel my pain too? The dark ones still surround us dear. Why do you protect me? If I do survive, will I harbor your secrets, will we meet again? Soon, I see our enemies retreating into the depths of the adjoining swamp. My escape is possible. I see the truth, the tragedy. Thank you.

It was a rainy night in late 1768. You were there, alone on the porch. Where was he, your true love? Worried and tired, you ventured out, holding hope in your heart he was well. It was that old witch, she had him. Slowly you made your way through the wilderness to the entrance to her dreary cave. At last, her lair was upon you. You peered inside. That is when you saw the horror, that fateful embrace. Their bodies entwined in the passion reserved for you. A single tear fell as your heart shattered. Time stood still, but your future was clear. Satan laughed as he opened Deaths' door inside the lake especially for you.

The murky green depths have stained you through the years. Your clothes, your skin, but, not your heart. This is your curse for all eternity. Alone, you walk the road, searching for answers. Hoping to find that angel to break this spell. Could there be one in the old house, in the witches cave, anywhere? Let me hold you again. Maybe I am the one you search for. Silence is an answer.

I am leaving now returning to my world, my reality. I will miss you. I have to share your story, prove to the skeptics you do exist. Unfortunately, my life lies on a different path from yours. I have many lives to touch and children to mold. I do know that I will never forget you. Your lone tombstone, your vortex or your touch. Goodbye.

1 comment: